Friday 13 July 2007

More on mov to wmv!!

[Edit: The only question mark on this method is if QT Alternative is legal. I can't find an answer so maybe my earlier posts are still valid! To be safe, I've uninstalled QTA and am using my frameserving method!]

After that long clever (;)) post on frameserving and such like I've discovered a much easier way to encode mov files in WME! Amazing there is nothing on this on the web I could find.

The issue was that M/soft Directshow didn't support the Quicktime format and that's what Windows Media Player and WME use for importing video files.

Well I stumbled across this free Quicktime Alternative which comes with Quicktime Directshow filters! So download and install it (the lite version will do unless you want the Media Player Classic). If you have Quicktime installed it'll tell you to uninstall it - I didn't want to since I've paid for the Pro version and it's very handy. I went ahead and it cleverly only offers to install the Directshow filters which is perfect. So go ahead and then you'll find you can play Quicktime files in WMP and more importantly you can convert them to wmv using WME just as you would any other file!

Well I really hope that is my last post (and method) for converting Quicktime files to wmv files!

No comments: